FIRE CAPTAIN (40hr)
ANNUAL SALARY RANGE:
$45,427.20 – $67,063.36
This is an open competitive recruitment being conducted to fill a current Fire Captain40hr. Work schedule with the Mt. Charleston Fire Protection District. Under general supervision, this position oversees fire suppression, emergency medical, hazardous material, fire prevention and wild land emergency responses. The position also provides direct supervision of all shift personnel and seasonal staff to include emergency response, preventative maintenance, fire prevention activities and all company level training to staff, volunteers, other agencies and public as directed by supervisor. This position affects public safety and subject to work overtime, holidays, high fire danger, call-back and standby duty. Perform all other duties as assigned by the Fire Chief.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Associate’s degree in fire science or closely related field and three (3) years of firefighting experience; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must possess NFPA Fire Officer 1 certification and NWCG Engine Boss Red Card Certification, NREMT-A certification at the time of application, and maintain that certification with Southern Nevada Health District. Must meet National Wildfire Coordinating Group (NWCG) eligibility requirements.
REQUIRED LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES
- A valid Class B Nevada driver’s license.
- Certification for Fire Officer I and NWCG Engine Boss Red Card Qualification.
- Certification for NREMT-A.
- Certification for NFPA Firefighter I, II.
- Current CPAT certification within last 12 months.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Maintain all required certifications.
- Pass annual medical certifications and physical agility test.
- Obtain a CDL tanker endorsement within six months of hire.
- Health Insurance: Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision.
- Employer paid Long Term Disability.
- Employer Paid Term Life Insurance.
- Paid vacation and sick leave.
- Employer paid membership in the State of Nevada Public Employees Retirement System(Police & Fire)
- 12 paid holidays per year
- Annual uniform allowance
The selection process consists of MCFPD job application, copies of all certificates for the position, written resume, NWCG wildland physical (arduous) pack test, suitability test, physical and drug screening test, fingerprint & background investigation, interview process, chief interview.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION
Send the MCFD Application via email, by 08/31/2017 17:00hrs, to Chief Jorge Gonzalez at firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Fire Chief Jorge Gonzalez at email@example.com