Welcome to the newly redesigned website. Take a look around! See the new options that include subscribing to updates from our website, liking our Facebook page, viewing The Pumper, submitting articles for The Pumper, and many more.
If you want to comment on the new site, contact us and let us know what you think!
Getting ready for this year’s training conference? So are we!
Be prepared and book your hotel early!
Continue reading “Get Ready for the 82nd Annual Training Conference”
Tiffany Urresti Funeral Service
For those attending the funeral service for Tiffany this weekend, We have received a call letting us know that the Legestone (one of the newest hotels in town) and the Red Lyon are offering rooms for the discounted rate of $60 and $59, respectively; just mention Urresti.
Elko Fire is planning a Class-A funeral for Tiffany, however it is not required Class-A attire.
End of Watch
On behalf of the Board of Directors and the membership of the NSFA it is our duty to inform you of the loss of one of our members. Lee Engine Company and NSFA Board of Director, Tiffany Urresti was killed shortly after takeoff on November 18, 2016 while en route to Salt Lake City with a cardiac patient aboard an American Med Flight aircraft.
Tiffany was a long time member of the NSFA and daughter of Past President Jim Urresti and wife Debbie. She has been a regular attendee at many conferences and functions since she was a young girl and elected to the board at the Mesquite NSFA conference. She was recently employed as a flight nurse with American Med Flight and engaged to be married this May.
Please keep the Urresti family as well as her fiancé James Foster in your thoughts and prayers as they work their way through this terrible tragedy.
Michael Heidemann – Executive Director, N.S.F.A.
Schedule of Events
Friday, September 9, 2016
Commemoration and Registration
- 911 Memorial Mt. Grant Challenge Parade Processional – 5:30 p.m. Staging at Wagner’s Hardware parking lot 400 E St. in Town
- Big Flag Raising & 911 Commemoration – at Veteran’s Park
- Packet Pick-up, Registration, Spaghetti Feed, & Entertainment – at Veteran’s Park
- 911 Camp Out – Walker Lake (near Race Start)
Saturday, September 10, 2016
911 Challenge Begins Cottonwood Drive Walker Lake
- 6:00 a.m. Volunteer Staging
- 6:00 a.m.-7:00 a.m. Late Registration and Packet Pick-up
- 6:30 a.m. Transportation provided to half mark
- 6:45 a.m. Safety Briefing and IronMan Start
Sunday, September 11, 2016
- B.P.O. Elks Breakfast – Beginning at 7:00 a.m. and costs $8.00
Learn more at 911mt.grantchallenge.org
Sign up on Active.com