The Nevada State Firefighter’s Association will annually recognize an instructor from the Nevada EMS Service who has demonstrated dedication and commitment, and has contributed to EMS service education and training in a number of ways.
The nominee will be measured on achievement, not the size of the organization or service status. Selection will be based on quality and the quality of these achievements.
The following criteria will be assessed:
- History of Service
- Development of training programs and/or training packages.
- Outside performance as a speaker and/or instructor.
- Exerted influence for the betterment of EMS, and Hazardous training.
- Example and enhancement of the image and identity of the Emergency Medical Services.
- Development of unique EMS and audio-visual aids.
A person must be nominated by someone other than themselves. All nominees will be selected by the Association’s Executive Committee and the previous award recipients. All nominations must be submitted through a member of the Association. To make a nomination, you must complete an application and include at least a one page explanation of the nominee’s achievements and list the nominee’s immediate supervisor, address and phone number. All applications must be received by April 15th of each year.
The recipient will receive an inscribed plaque in the recipient’s name. The award will be presented at the annual conference during the awards presentations.